Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally fixed my e-mail. This is what happened, and how I eventually fixed it...
A while back, I was messing with a program called dbExplorer. In an effort to try to free up more system memory, I accidentally deleted my \PMAILDB database. I did not realize what I had done until I tried to access my e-mail the next day.
After thouroughly kicking myself, I tried asking other people for help, but to no avail. I eventually thought I would have to try and reinstall WinCE 2.0.
Unfortunately, I did not have a copy of WinCE 2.0 to reinstall. The only help from LG Electronics (maker of my HPC) was the above referenced fix (reinstall).
Had a flash of an idea, went to my local Fry's electronics, Phenom in hand. After asking them if I could do it, I tried copying the databases off of a Phenom Express. Didn't work because I had to register first. Damn Damn..
I used the dbbackup program on the Express, and tried to copy and restore the database, and that didn't work either.
I finally registered dbExplorer, and tried to create a 'dummy' database with the same name. Didn't work.
Went back to Fry's, and tried to copy the database again. This time it worked, but now the database header was missing, and Inbox still would not run.
Looked around in the miscellaneous folders on the Express, and found the backup of the databases I made the time before. Keeping my fingers crossed, I restored the email databases \PMAILDB and \PMAILDB2.
Inbox ran on the Express! I then copied those two databases over to my HPC, and VOILA!, Success at last.
I now have a backup of all databases on my HPC just in case this happens again.
Everyone, please backup your databases, including the system databases. Download and register dbExplore
from PhatWare Corp. at www.phatware.com